Thailand/Cambodge 2019: Informations & registration
YOUTH PILGRIMAGE to Thailand and Cambodia
from August 6 to 23, 2019
Mgr Jean-Claude Hollerich, Archbishop of Luxembourg,
invites you to live and (re-) discover the faith with some hundred young people
After two successfull pilgrimages to Thailand in 2014 and 2017 this new and enriching experience in August 2019 will give you the chance to journey in faith together with other young people of different nationalities and with our Archbishop in an entirely new way.
Cultural visits, exchange with other young pilgrims and young people from Thailand, prayer, celebrations and moments of silence and reflexion will be an important step in your personal life of faith.
A 3 day retreat towards the end of the trip will allow you to reflect on your life and your priorities. Maybe it’s time to take decisions. You can choose between a guided retreat in silence, or an interactive programme.
The trip will end with a grand celebration in St Willibrord Church, in the construction of which the young people were involved during the first trip in 2014. This pilgrimage to Thailand will be an unforgettable experience, and we hope you will join us!
Programme (subject to change)
6.8.2019 Departure from Luxembourg
7.8.2019 Arrival in Bangkok, Thailand
8. - 9.8.2019 Discovery of the rich and diverse history of Ayutthaya, former capital of Thailand
10.8.2019 Travel to Cambodia
11. - 12.8.2019 Discovery of the Siem Reap region, Cambodia, the history of the “killing fields”
13. - 14.8.2019 Trip to Chiang Sean, Thailand
15. - 17.8.2019 Intercultural meeting with the students of the Xavier Learning Center in Chiang Sean and construction of a chapel
18.8.2019 Trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand
19. - 21.8.2019 Retreat
21.8.2019 Trip to Ban Huay Tong, Thailand
22.8.2019 Mass at St Willibrord Church / Departure from Thailand
23.8.2019 Back to Luxembourg
Participation fee: 2.400 €
Reduced participation fee: € 1,800, with special conditions to fulfill.
- Weltjugenddag 2016 . JMJ 2016
- Thailand 2014
- Thailand 2017
- JMJ 2013 . Rio de Janeiro
- Der Mut der Barmherzigkeit
- « Les jeunes du Luxembourg posent les mêmes questions que ceux du reste du monde »
- „Siehe, ich bin die Magd des Herrn, mir geschehe, wie du es gesagt hast“
- Entdeckt eng Rëtsch flott Aktivitéite fir Jonker
- Nouveau programme pour la pastorale des jeunes 2018-2019